The Areas In Your Home You Almost Never Clean
It’s the Areas of Your Home You Most of the time forget to clean the homes we live in is a daily task that everyone has to take on. From dusting and vacuuming to wiping down surfaces we do our best to keep our homes neat and clean. But, there are some areas in our homes that are often under the radar and are neglected in the process of cleaning. In this blog we will take a look at a few of the areas that are often overlooked within our homes that need our attention.
- Ceiling Fans When was the last time that you provided your ceiling fans with a thorough clean? Dirt and dust can build up on the blades, creating possible breeding ground for allergens. It is important to take care to clean your ceiling fans on a regular basis to ensure the quality of indoor air.
- Lighting Fixtures could quickly accumulate dirt and bugs that have died over the course of time. Make sure to clean them down using the help of a microfiber cloth or duster. This not only enhances the appearance of your house and make it easier to make sure that your lighting is shining brightly.
- Baseboards: Often, baseboards go by unnoticed, however they may collect pet hair, dust and grime. A quick wipe-down with a damp towel can significantly improve the overall cleanliness of your house.
- Window tracks Windows tracks are notorious for accumulating dirt, insect carcasses, mold. Make use of a small brush or attachment for a vacuum cleaner to get rid of any debris prior to cleaning them with a damp, clean cloth.
- under furniture: It’s simple to overlook the spaces under your furniture, however they could quickly turn into dust magnets. Moving your furniture frequently to vacuum or sweep places that are hidden and ensure they are free of dust build-up.
- behind appliances: area behind your fridge, stove and other large appliances could be a source of food crumbs, dust and even insects. Take these appliances out and give the space an effective cleaning to ensure an hygienic kitchen.
- Vent Covers: Vent cover within your home could accumulate pet hair and dust and can compromise the effectiveness the HVAC unit. Make sure you remove the covers and provide them with a thorough clean to increase circulation of air.
- Mattresses: Mattresses are frequently neglected when it comes to keeping them clean, however they could be home to dust dead skin cells, mites and allergens. Clean your mattress regularly and look into mattress covers to ensure it stays in good condition and prolong its life.
- Showerheads As time passes mineral deposits accumulate on your shower head and affect the flow of water. Soak your shower head in vinegar for a few hours before scrubbing off any remaining residue to enjoy an uncluttered and fresh shower experience.
- Remote Controls: Consider how frequently you and your family members interact with the remote controls within your home. They could quickly become the perfect breeding ground for bugs and germs. Make sure to clean them frequently with disinfectant wipes to keep them free of germs and clean.
A clean and tidy home isn’t only about what’s visible. Attention to these frequently neglected places will not only improve the hygiene and cleanliness of your home however, it can aid in creating an overall healthier and more relaxing atmosphere for your family.
The next time you begin your routine of cleaning make sure to give these areas that are often overlooked the care they merit. Your home will be grateful for it!